2016 Honored Friends
The Officers and Directors of Friends of the Eugene Public Library (FEPL) introduce our 2016 Honored Friends: TeamGilbert, Jane and Bob Gilbert. TeamGilbert’s affiliation with FEPL began when Jane was recruited by a former neighbor to chair FEPL’s Annual Booksale and she recruited Bob to apply his well-known problem solving skills to the enormous task of organizing/transporting the sale inventory between our warehouse and Lane County Events Center. Jane soon joined FEPL board and then passed along her Booksale chair job but TeamGilbert has continued to accept other enormous/challenging tasks until currently all aspects of organizing and transporting sale inventory from the warehouse not only to the Lane County Events Center for the Annual Book sale each April but also organizing and transporting inventory to minisales throughout the entire year. In addition, Team Gilbert’s organizational expertise is often called upon to resolve other FEPL organizational conundrums. Our sales venues would not function without TeamGilbert. Thanks Jane and Bob.
Since 1976, the Friends have raised more than 1 million dollars to support Library projects including:
- Children, teen, and adult programs, including storytimes, classes, performances, lectures, and Summer Reading for all ages
- Author talks and special events
- Start-up of the Sheldon and Bethel Branch Libraries
- Contributions toward the opening of the Downtown Library
- Audio books, DVDs, music CDs and other collections
How do we do it?
The Friends raise money for Library programs and projects through our
- Annual April Book Sale
- Second Hand Prose Bookstore
- Special sales
- Online sales through Amazon and eBay
- Financial donations
- Membership dues
All Friends’ projects and events are run entirely by volunteers. We always need help - click here to sign up!
All donations are tax-deductible. Donate here; thank you.